+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 300zx slicktop VH45DE swap project

My 300zx slicktop VH45DE swap project

Well this is my third 300zx z32 and I was finally tired of dropping money on the stupid vg30de platform and never had any intentions of dropping crazy money on a tt platform so I went to my local junkyard and with 169 bucks walked out with a full VH45DE engine, two ecu's, two full engine wire harness, two TB's, four PTU's and about 20+ coil packs. Well Im slowly tearing the engine down and inspecting the engine and so far everything looks good. Also cleaned the engine today (just one application of engine brite) I will clean it some more on my next day off. Well onto the pics.

Re: My 300zx slicktop VH45DE swap project

Very nice project. Cant wait to see it come together. Where are you located? I need to bring a truck down to that junkyard!!

Hey just let me know what you need, Ill get a price and Ill ship everything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 91z View Post
    Very nice project. Cant wait to see it come together. Where are you located? I need to bring a truck down to that junkyard!!
    yeah that is a heck of a deal for all that stuff at a junk yard. I dont think i even have a junk yard around here with a q45 in it ha ha. I could go for some q45 front brake calipers with brackets, lines, and rotors if they arent shot. wouldnt mind having another vh45de with harness and ecu either.

Quote Originally Posted by nismoshawn View Post
    yeah that is a heck of a deal for all that stuff at a junk yard. I dont think i even have a junk yard around here with a q45 in it ha ha. I could go for some q45 front brake calipers with brackets, lines, and rotors if they arent shot. wouldnt mind having another vh45de with harness and ecu either.
    PM if you really want me to go and pick up some stuff for you.

Well this is as far as I got to today, need to adjust the engine mounts to move the engine back about an inch further closer to the firewall so that I can fit my Koyo rad and maxima efan setup in. Waiting on my trans adapter plate as well....

I thought most people were making rear sumps to fit these in a 300zx?

If I remember right, I think hes spacing out the crossmember to bring it down. I dont know the specifics tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 91z View Post
    If I remember right, I think hes spacing out the crossmember to bring it down. I dont know the specifics tho.
    Correct. Decided this was the easiest route, didn't want to modify the engine pan or any of the sump part of it at all. Engine mounts and cross member spacers seems to be the best way for me. I also don't have a big deal with having to cut the hood. So the engine can sit a little bit higher then some of the other guys who have done this swap.

i see. how much did you space the crossmember down?

Lookin good, so there will be what? Three slicktop VH Z32s on this forum? Mine's getting a VH41 this time around though...
    - Stephen

VH/VK? It's an East Coast thing...

If you sent me a PM to figure out your wiring for you and I didn't reply, don't take it personal, I ignore them all.

Lol, I guess we need to change the forum name to www.slicktopv8nissans.com.

Why did you decide on the vh41? Aiming for through the roof revs?

Almost there guys, need a manual pilot bushing, a new nismo trans mount and do my wire harness and intake and she will be done. Enjoy guys.

dont forget to cut your block. remove the old started area so the 300zx starter clears. looking good!

Blog Entries

i take it you milled your own bellhousing? Post how you did it if so?

I like! I like! I like! MAAAAAAAAAJOR props for your own custom fabrication work man. If I wasn't so lazy and in a hurry I'd try to custom fab all my stuff lol Keep us posted! I like following these build threads.

Quote Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
    i take it you milled your own bellhousing? Post how you did it if so?
    1/4 four flute carbide end mill bit, typical wood router and a 1/4 plywood setup to bolt flat on the front of the bell-housing and cut out to allow the router to cut the bell-housing and three hours of time...total cost was 16.37 for the end mill bit.

Great work on the bell housing. I think im just going to get an adapter plate from Wes though cause im not that good.

What are you doing for the headers/exhaust?

What was the point of putting the engine in with the valve covers off? Fitment reasons or just a cozy place to set the engine rather than a tire for those of you who lack a stand.

What kind of adapter plate is that though?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast